Nintendo has confirmed that the eShop will be up and running for the launch of their upcoming console the Switch on March 3. Along with their first party content, there will also be a group of indie games, or “Nindies” as well. Nintendo will give more information on this during a Nindie’s Showcase on February 28 at 9 a.m. Pacific Time. Nintendo has confirmed that these three indie games will launch with the Switch on March 3:
- FAST RMX
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
- Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Along with the announcement of the eShop, Nintendo has also released several other pieces information about the Switch launch.
- People who already have money in their Nintendo Account will be able to access these funds on the Switch.
- Virtual Console will not be available at launch.
- The Switch will come with a news feature that will update gamers on updates from Nintendo.
- To access the eShop, gamers will need a day one system update.