The new patch and competitive season for Overwatch is live. Below are the highlights from the latest game patch:
- Game Browser — This new feature is an extension of Overwatch‘s Custom Game mode, allowing you to adjust the settings on various maps, modes, and heroes, creating your own tailor-made server
- Capture the Flag — Capture the Rooster has been Overwatch’s most popular brawl, and now it’s here to stay as the ongoing Capture the Flag game mode in the Arcade
- Hero Updates — Plenty of improvements have been made to Overwatch’s heroes, including Bastion, which is now stronger and more flexible with the move of power from Configuration: Sentry to Recon.
For more information on the patch, players can check this post from Blizzard.
Along with the patch, Season 4 for competitive play is also up and running. Here are some of the key elements for this season:
- High-level players are required to play more competitive matches to avoid inactivity decay, improving the accuracy and prestige of skill ratings
- Only players who reach top 500 on the leaderboard at the end of the season will be rewarded, providing incentive to keep up a high skill rating
- To encourage competition, skill ratings below 500 will no longer be displayed