Would you like to work for Proven Gamer? We’re always looking for those willing people to do various jobs. If you’d like to apply, just fill out the simple contact form below and let us know what position you’re interested in. Additionally, you can just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your writing sample and name. No prior experience is required, just the desire to play games and express your opinions. Good luck!
Current Position Vacancies:
Editor: Someone who can read through submitted reviews and features to make sure they’re ready to post. Must excel at writing and proofreading, and be able to return edited articles within 48 hours (but sooner would be even cooler!) of receiving them. As an Editor you are also welcome to write reviews/features the same way as described below under “Reviewer”.
What does that mean exactly?
- Work with assigning editors and video producers to create content that meets the needs of our readers and our business.
- Write previews, reviews, news, and features and work with video producers to adapt these projects to video.
- Present critical opinions in writing and on camera about games and other topics Proven Gamer covers.
- Develop and extend Proven Gamer’s coverage of the most popular content types across multiple platforms — provengamer.com, YouTube, Snapchat, Facebook, etc.
- Plan coverage for and represent Proven Gamer at industry events around the world.
- Cultivate strong relationships with developers and publishers.
What will get you in the door?
- You are familiar with and passionate about games, as well as the companies and creators behind them.
- You are articulate and comfortable on camera and can speak extemporaneously as well as read from a script.
- You are a creative and critical thinker who can quickly deliver facts and opinions in video and written form.
- You can lead written and video content projects from start to finish as a ‘one person army,’ from script to edit to publish.
- You understand how to write for Proven Gamer’s audience and can optimize your video and articles for search engines.
- You have a good attitude and a desire to learn..
It would be extra awesome if…
- You are already expressing your opinions as part of a current YouTube or video series.
- You have an active presence in online communities.
- You understand Internet trends, analytics tools, SEO principles, etc.
What we need from you.
- Writing samples. Send us links to the content you’re proudest of. Submissions without samples will not be considered.
- Your resume. Wow us! Leave out the stuff irrelevant to this job and put in the dazzling stuff about your super powers.
- A cover letter that answers two questions. First, without mentioning how much you love games, why do you want to work at Proven Gamer? Second, without mentioning how hard you’ll work, why do we want you to work here?
Here’s the good stuff about us.
- People who like to have fun, create amazing things, and discuss last night’s episode of Game of Thrones on Monday morning. Don’t fall behind.
- Casual work environment with flexible hours.
- Come geek out with us, but be ready to work as hard as we do: Proven Gamer is our family, and our business.
Proven Gamer is looking for a talented Video Producer with a love of video games and entertainment. This position is in our San Francisco office, and requires direct experience managing, shooting, and editing videos. Experience working on web content for TV or Online Media preferred.
- Oversee final edits and publishing/syndication
- Capitalize off of trends and tent pole events
- Work with integrated marketing to pitch and produce compelling branded entertainment content
What does that mean exactly?
- Work closely with Proven Gamer Editorial to concept, produce, and publish new and exciting features
- Assemble, edit, and finish works in post-production
- Ability to utilize basic techniques including applying graphics, titling, keying, audio filters, etc.
- Supervise and participate in studio/location shoots
- Oversee aspects of editing, encoding, and publishing
What will get you in the door?
- Strong eye for shooting, producing, and editing
- Experience with professional cameras such as Sony FS7, Sony EX3/EX1, Canon C300/C100, etc.
- Experience lighting for interviews and/or scenes
- 2-5 years of production experience
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative, team environment
- Ability to manage multiple productions simultaneously
- A positive, problem-solving attitude
- Passion for Proven Gamer and/or video games, movies, tv, and pop culture
It would be extra awesome if you had…
- Experience covering video games for a major publication
- Deep knowledge of video games, movies, TV, and comics
- Experience with ISIS, Unity, or similar media servers
- Avid Media Composer experience
- Strong understanding of emerging web-video technologies
- Understanding of Internet trends, SEO principles, etc.
- Have done post-production at a TV or entertainment-centric company
Here’s the good stuff about us…
- Live and breathe movies, TV and comics & games – see secrets before the rest of the world
- Lots of opportunity to dream big and make things happen
- Open and casual work environment
Podcasters: Whether or not you have a Current podcast or have an idea for one, we are looking for you! You must provide a show on a regular schedule and must have your own editor.
Social Media Manager:
Proven Gamer is looking for a versatile Social Media Manager to lead its continued rapid growth across its social networks – including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, and more. This person would be a content expert, with the proven ability to execute across multiple mediums – including video, written, and promotional works. In other words, you are a video producer, writer, and marketer all in one.
The ideal candidate should be able to a) identify the profile and consumption habits of varying audiences to determine what content works on which platform, and b) how to build and maintain a programming schedule, and get it done with a talented team of video producers and editors. This position will have 3-4 immediate direct reports, and will report into the Director of Social Video Programming.
Manage a team of 3-4 content creators.
Help define cadence and overall strategy for Proven Gamer’s social media posting across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other on-site channels.
Execute social media posts from ideation and asset creation to drafting and publishing.
Execute social media strategy for sponsorship and promotion initiatives, including Proven Gamer’s original content.
Work with sales department to ensure all sponsored social posts meet a high standard of quality and are in-tune with the Proven Gamer voice.
- Proven Gamer
Staten Island NY
United States Of America
- Telephone:+1 330 PROVEN 9
- E-mail: email@example.com
WANNA HELP, FILL THIS OUT