Established UK based indie developer VooFoo Studios has announced that their TIGA Award nominated, first self-published game, Mantis Burn Racing, has today officially launched on PlayStation4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Steam (for Windows PC).
Mantis Burn Racing marks a return to the roots of classic top-down arcade-style racing action with immersive and modern gameplay features that is set to reignite excitement among racing fans once more. Real-world ‘fun’ physics combine with intuitive controls and fast-paced racing with depth and replay-ability provided via an extensive single-player career campaign and RPG-style vehicle upgrades.
“This is a game I’ve wanted to make since I got my first start in the industry with the Amiga classic, Max Rally” Said Mark Williams, Technology Director at VooFoo Studios. “We’ve been overwhelmed by the response from fans who have enthusiastically shared their love of the genre with us and always instantly connect with the fun, modern game play of Mantis Burn Racing, we can’t wait to see you all out on the tracks!”.
Mantis Burn Racing is one of the most visually stunning and in-depth top-down racing games ever made and racing fans are today invited to take to the tracks in highly competitive 4-player split-screen races and online modes for up to 8 players.
Mantis Burn Racing Features:
· Compelling Career Mode – Test every aspect of your driving ability in a comprehensive 7-season career structure.
· Incredible Vehicles – Choose from a roster of fully customisable vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits.
· Stunning Visuals – Race across stunning reversible tracks with incredible photo-realistic visuals.
· Intuitive, exciting gameplay – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling with intuitive and exciting gameplay where the driving experience takes centre stage.
· RPG-Style Upgrade System – Unlock both visual and performance upgrades for your vehicles using a RPG-style slot system to customise your vehicles’ suspension, gear-box, engine, tyres and boost.
· Challenging Game Modes – Master 8 fun game modes – including Knockout, Accumulator, Overtake and Time Trial – that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting.
· Weekly Challenges – Race your way to the top of the global leaderboards in unique challenges each week for the ultimate in bragging rights.
· Intense Multiplayer – 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly.
· Original Soundtrack – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
· High Definition Racing – Full native 4K support on PlayStation Pro at 60fps for crystal-clear high definition racing to truly immerse players in the race.
Mantis Burn Racing is available now on PlayStation4, Xbox One and Steam (for Windows PC).
Check out the launch trailer below: