Nintendo has announced two free updates coming to Splatoon 2. The first update will launch on November 23, while the second update will come in mid-December. Check out the full list of content coming to the updates below:
November 23 Update:
- Four New Battle Stages: Four new battle stages will roll out week by week starting on November 24. MakoMart, a superstore-style stage will launch first. Shellendorf Institute will be a brand new stage to the game. Finally, Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall are making a return after first appearing in the original Splatoon.
- New Salmon Run Stage: Salmonid Smokeyard is being added as the new Salmon Run stage. This map will feature a wide gap that divides two higher platforms.
- New Gear: Approximately 140 pieces of gear are being added to Splatoon 2. This will include shoes, headgear, and clothes.
- New Battle Music: The punk-flavored Bottom Feeders and classically trained avant-garde-style Ink Theory are contributing new songs to the already music-rich game.
- New Hairstyle: Four new hairstyles, two for males and two for females will be added to the game.
- Higher Level Caps: Players will now be able to cap out at level 99.
- New amiibo Functionality: Tapping a compatible amiibo figure after the update will let players take and share in-game photos in preset locations in Battle Stages, in addition to being able to take photos in Inkopolis Square. Players can also add fun filters to their images.
- Convenient Gear Swapping: Players will now be able to change gear between matches wihout having to exit to the lobby.
- Clam Blitz will be added as a new ranked gameplay mode. Players will be tasked to collect clams that can be found on the stage. Players must then throw the clams into a basket near their opponents stage. The first team to score 100 will win.
Splatoon 2 is available now for Nintendo Switch. Check out a trailer for the new updates below: