The Last of Us 2 Confirmed

*Update*

While the game was not confirmed at E3, it was confirmed at PSX 2016.

*Original Story*

On Proven Gamer’s visit to PAX East 2016 it was confirmed by an unnamed, yet very reliable source very close to the project, that The Last of Us 2 is in development, and will have a formal appearance at E3 in June.  As of now, the game has been set to launch in 2018 on both the Playstation 4 and the Playstation VR and will showcase the return of Joel and Ellie, but sources are quiet at this time as to if they are the main protagonists in the game.  Die hard fans rejoice as the series’ multiplayer makes a return as well as two single player DLC campaign add ons.  Stay tuned to ProvenGamer.com for more info on The Last of Us 2 when it will finally be revealed at E3 in June!

02-384grve

You also listen to Trophy Whores 254 and find out how 4 big fans of the series think about the news.

News Bot (46 Posts)

Liked it? Take a second to support Proven Gamer on Patreon!

Comments

1. ThisIsFake April 29, 2016 at 00:01

1. the main character is Joel not Joe.
    2. nothing is confirmed from an unnamed source.

• TrickyMic April 29, 2016 at 09:52

It was a typo. It has been fixed!

2. Magenta April 29, 2016 at 02:49

You’ve got an error up there. The character’s name is Joel, with an L at the end. Not “Joe”.

• TrickyMic April 29, 2016 at 09:53

It was a typo. Thank you and its been fixed

• Brenn May 20, 2016 at 04:11

• Brenn May 20, 2016 at 04:11

Man I really hope your not lying the last of us is my favorite EVER I had lost hope that there’d be a number 2 u said it’s trending can u email me and let me know where I can see this for my self? Please

3. kyuji739 April 29, 2016 at 13:59

I cant acctually wait, Ive been waiting for ages, my inner child has been released

4. nick April 29, 2016 at 14:19

Unnamed source.

5. Mathew April 29, 2016 at 20:24

Oh my gawd if this is rly gonna happen im am so hyped pls make sure this is real cause the last of us is a amazing game with awesome gameplay amazing graphics and a rly beautiful story pls do this i would totally buy this game pls let this be true

6. Dean April 30, 2016 at 11:31

One of my friends went to PAX east this year. There was no official announcement of any kind on The Last of Us 2. So whoever this “reliable” source may be more then likely is just pulling your chain so you come and talk to him at E3.

• TrickyMic April 30, 2016 at 17:27

i can confirm this was behind closed doors and not to the public and the source is very reliable and very close to the project

7. Boo April 30, 2016 at 12:58

Do you not know the definition of “confirmed?”

• TrickyMic April 30, 2016 at 17:28

we know the definition and seeing as its now trending, it seems we are correct in our report

• Ash July 16, 2016 at 20:54

You obviously dont know the definition of confirmed and it turns out you are 100% incorrect in your reporting. Clickbait reporting at its best

• TrickyMic July 16, 2016 at 21:19

We were just as disappointed with the non announcement ourselves, but we can confirm the conversation happened and other sites have confirmed it as well. Sorry if we let you down, but our integrity is very important to us, and we hope to earn your trust back

8. ISTORM99 July 21, 2016 at 10:14

Such shame. When they said e3 june are u sure they were talking about el 2016 and not 17 because if the game is coming out 2018 they will not say anything till 2017 maybe even 2018. so there is still hope.

9. angie September 11, 2016 at 22:56

awesome man i loved the first one i was hoping they would make a 2 cant fucking wait